Miss Idaho 2013 || Week One

I seriously cannot believe it's already been a week since I was crowned Miss Idaho 2013! If time keeps flying this fast, I'll be crowning a new Miss Idaho before I can even blink. After the gathering at Nampa Civic Center after the pageant on Saturday, I went out to IHOP for my "last meal" with my family and friends before starting Miss America preparation. I had a Sierra Mist, fruit cup, and mozzarella sticks...delicious! I was running off so much excitement that I didn't get to bed until about 2am, and the next day was spent transporting my pageant belongings from my mom's house back to my house.

I made a comment on Facebook before I left to Miss Idaho that "Packing for Miss Idaho is equivalent to moving out of my house!" and it's true. So unpacking was like putting my house back together. It was nice to take time to organize and get everything settled, but I ended up having meetings before I could get everything put away, so it took quite a few days!

The first step as Miss Idaho is to meet with the board and set up a plan of all your appearances and

expectations for the year. With Miss America being so close, my paperwork and wardrobe are my main focus for the next few weeks, and I will be heading to Orlando, Florida to see our Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen, Abby Bitzenberg, compete for the national title. While I'm there I will also have Miss America orientation and a meeting with Regalia to see about my competition gown. I have only been to Florida once for about a day, so I am very excited to have the chance to be there for an entire week!


My first official appearance was on Channel 6 News with Bri Eggers, the emcee at Miss Idaho and former Miss Meridian. I was much less nervous than I thought I would be, and the news station was a very relaxed atmosphere. The crew talks and jokes until about one second before the broadcasting starts. I should also give props to the crew because not only do they have to look camera ready everyday, but they have to do it by the wee hours of the morning! That's impressive!

My next appearance was at the Miss Western Idaho Pageant in Weiser on Thursday night. I was the emcee and was able to perform my talent onstage. Abby was there, as well as the reigning queens: Miss Western Idaho Taylor Foote, Miss Three Rivers Bailey Wilson, Miss Western Idaho's Outstanding Teen Sarah Jensen, and Miss Three Rivers' Outstanding Teen Sarah Foote. I was so impressed with all 17 contestants. Congratulations to the new titleholders: Miss Western Idaho Paige Jensen, Miss Three Rivers Laura Haun, Miss Western Idaho's Outstanding Teen Lauren Doty, and Miss Three Rivers Outstanding Teen Marissa Goodwin!


Until Next Time,

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment