Miss Idaho 2013 || Week Two

I have the best news! My Miss America paperwork is finally turned in! After many days of filling out every question you could possibly think of, filming videos, and taking photos, it's finally turned in.

My focus is now shifting to making appearances and getting all of my preparations ready for Miss America (which might be more work than all of those forms!) I also get the pleasure of attending local pageants, and Miss Magic Valley was this past Saturday. I had a great time meeting all of the contestants and watching Emma Humphries and Sierra Sandison win the titles of Miss Canyon Rim and Miss Magic Valley. The teen winners were Mariah Thornquest and Sarah Christensen as Miss Canyon Rim and Miss Magic Valley's Outstanding Teens. This program is truly amazing - I was able to attend last year and it just keeps getting better. The set was amazing and so was the production. And a big congratulations to their director, RoseAnna Holliday, for her 20 year anniversary of being crowned Miss Idaho 1993! 

I am so proud of the outgoing titleholders for their incredible year of service - thank you Kalie Wright, Emily Hosman, Sierra Norman, and Macy Urrutia! This Thursday I will be heading to Idaho Falls for the Miss Idaho Falls program where Kaitlyn Anderson, Kayli Schwendiman, and Aubrey Campbell will be passing on their titles. The show starts at 7pm; be sure to come out and support our contestants! 

Now that I've had some time to reflect on Miss Idaho week and what lies ahead, I feel grateful and joyful. My goal for my year as Miss Idaho as a few parts. First comes Miss America. I am putting my whole heart into preparing so I will be the best Sarah I can be in Atlantic City. I want to make friends, have the time of my life, and take time to soak in all the events that take place. If I do not win, I will come back to Idaho and spend the year reaching out to the community, promoting my platform, and revving up our local programs. If you know young women who are looking for scholarship, recommend them to our program!

I'm looking forward to working with the board on wardrobe, interview, walking, talent, and all of the small details it takes to go to nationals. I also get to see Abby Bitzenberg, our Miss Idaho's Outstanding Teen, compete in just a few weeks in Orlando. Be sure to keep an eye out for a detailed post the following week that talks about Miss America Orientation. Thank you to some of our sponsors I've worked with so far: 
  • Taralynn Pugmire -photo shoot and headshots
  • Andrea Greenwood - hair for photo shoot and shampoo donation
  • Annita from the Edge Counter at Dillards -make up for photo shoot
  • Katilyn at Planet Beach Contempo Spa - full year  spa membership! Thanks Deidre Edmunds for the connection!
Miss Idaho LOVES her sponsors!!!

Until Next Time,
Sarah Downs Miss Idaho 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment