Miss Idaho 2013 is...



"When they called my name as Miss Idaho 2013, I could not have been happier! I have been competing in the Miss America system since I was 17 as a way to earn scholarship dollars and to practice public speaking, never thinking I would be going to Miss America! This year I served as Miss Nampa and promoted my platform, which is Promoting Nutrition: Taking Back Our Health. Service is one of my favorite parts of being involved, and I am always so impressed with how much volunteer work all of the local titleholders do in their respective areas. I feel truly grateful to represent such amazing and talented young women on a national stage! After Miss America is over, I plan to travel the state to spread the word on nutrition and to encourage young women to participate in local programs. The opportunities I have been given by competing are so amazing, and I want to share that with as many women in Idaho as possible. Thank you so much to all of the sponsors, parents, directors, board members, judges, friends, and families who made it possible for this pageant to happen. Being the #1 provider of scholarships for young women in the world is no easy task, and all of the people involved do it for free. Miss America, here I come!"

- Miss Idaho 2013, Sarah Downs

No comments:

Post a Comment