Miss Rexburg 2013

Last weekend I drove back to Idaho for the Miss Rexburg pageant. Our current Miss Magic Valley, Kalie Wright, joined with me Saturday afternoon to head up to Rexburg. We arrived the AmericInn to get to know a few of the Miss Rexburg contestants before and after their judges interviews. It was so much fun to catch up with Miss Rexburg 2012-2013 Jessica Bracey and Miss Upper Valley 2012-2013 Makenda Bickmore. It feels like almost no time has passed since we were all competing together at Miss Idaho last June.

After interviews, Kalie and I grabbed some food and took a trip to Walmart to pick up some fake eyelashes for the stage…. It never fails! I always forget something whenever I travel!! After our quick break, we made our way to the Rexburg Tabernacle to get ready for the show. I steamed some dresses, ran through my piano piece a few times, and even had a chance to speak to all the contestants before they started the show. When I look back at my past pageant experiences, the best ones were not necessarily just times when I won the crown, but the times that I was able to just enjoy, have fun, and be myself! I think all of the girls that competed in Miss Rexburg Saturday night were able to do just that – they looked so natural onstage and blew the audience away! J

A huge congratulations is in order for Jennah Coray and Lauren Parkhurst, our new Miss Rexburg 2013 and Miss Upper Valley 2013!!! I can’t wait to see these beautiful girls again in two weeks at our Miss Idaho Orientation! 1st Runner Up Tierney Warren and 2nd Runner Up Jordan Hill did a fabulous job as well, and I hope and pray that these ladies will continue to share their talents and compete. The whole group of ladies at Miss Rexburg just had incredible potential! Lori Price surely knows what she is doing when she prepares her girls.

Before wrapping up this post, I want everyone to know what amazing titleholders Jessica Bracey and Makenda Bickmore have been this year. Not only were they a blast to spend the week with at Miss Idaho, but they have continued to represent Rexburg and the Upper Valley with dignity. Here is a link to the Miss Rexburg’s Facebook Page and blog. You’ll definitely want to check out Jessica’s Farewell video! It is AWESOME!!

As Miss Idaho preparing for Miss America in January, I definitely had my fair share of discouraging days, and these ladies were always so supportive by sending me facebook messages and texts exactly when I needed them. I feel SO blessed to have become friends with Jessica and Makenda through the Miss Idaho Organization, and I hope all of the girls that will be competing for Miss Idaho 2013 in July will value this great opportunity to make some incredible friends.

Talk to you all next week!

Whitney Wood
Miss Idaho 2012

Kalie and I met up with Jessica and Makenda at the AmericINN for interviews on Saturday afternoon. 
We had so much fun catching up and laughing together!

With the Miss Idaho Falls crew! Here we have Miss Idaho Falls 2012-2013 Kaitlyn Anderson, our new Miss Snake River Valley Aubry Campbell, and Miss Idaho Falls' Outstanding Teen Mikaela Beck, who will be competing at the Teen competition at the end of this month! Welcome Aubry and best of luck Mikaela! :) And above us we have Heidi Brendle, the fabulous Miss Idaho Falls director, and her cute daughter Kaidence. I have so much love for all everyone in this picture!!! We have definitely made some irreplaceable memories!


Miss Idaho sisters forever! Here we have Kristina Nye, 1st RU at Miss Idaho 2012, Miss Rexburg 2012 Jessica Bracey, Miss Upper Valley 2012 Makenda Bickmore, (me), Miss Upper Valley 2013 Lauren Parkhurst, and Miss Magic Valley 2012-2013 Kalie Wright. Makenda and I would make for a lovely Christmas card... haha ;)

Jennah Coray is our brand new Miss Rexburg 2013!! Here she is with her "Dazzling Diamonds!"

Kristina Nye, our former Miss Snake River Valley and 1st Runner Up at Miss Idaho is
responsible for recruiting her roomie, our new Miss Upper Valley, Lauren Parkhurst!!!


My road trip buddy Miss Magic Valley and I after the pageant! Love ya Kalie! <3


I have never seen Jessica without a smile on her face!! Her platform is Pay it Forward,
which she has done a fabulous job promoting throughout the year.

How cute is Makenda!? I LOVE this picture of her with her crown!
Our Miss Upper Valley 2012-2013 ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment